Wednesday 6 August 2008

BIGGEST FASTEST STRONGEST 2: LARGEST VEG OF ANY KIND




















Please put a ruler in your photo for scale. Or a small teenager if you have one. 




22 August

It's a monster! "One ginormous tomato send in by Yolanda Elizabet"
















27 August
Some more monster produce just popped into my inbox. Check these goliaths out! 

From easy gardener at Green Forks, who says "I thought the Empire State Building would add validation to my potato's claim of greatness." Undoubtedly, EG.


















And then what about this from Karen at artistsgarden? Regular readers may know that Karen is originally from Lapland where they measure everything in Lapp inches, which are about two and a half European metres in size. This is a Lapp ruler, making these tomatoes a fine and worthy competitor for the empire state potato.















Happy Mouffetard sent me this: "If Karen at Artist's Garden can enter her huge tomatoes, then I see her and raise her a giant cabbage. I'm slightly too young to remember pre-decimal coinage (except when playing for them in vicious card games as a child), but I believe that the coins were considerably larger in olden days, hence the use of a huge 2p as scale for my red cabbage. We ate well that night!"



















29th august
I did not think those others could be beaten. And yet I find today that Lottie has sent me a pumpkin the size of a small asteroid. Check it out!




















Tiny! What was she thinking of? That'll never win against all these other titans!
From Misshathorn at MustardPlaster. I just put it in for sheer pity, really. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmat - thank you so much for explaining to your readers the complex measuring system in Lapp
Karen