Wednesday 6 August 2008

ANNOUNCING THE EMSWORTH VILLAGE SHOW
















Welcome to the First Emsworth Village Show, scheduled to take place this year from the 15th-30th August 2008. Entries are already being accepted, so please read on for details of how to submit your prize specimens. We're holding the show in tandem with Veg Plotting's Water Aid extravaganza which also begins on the 15th August, so read all about the good cause and give if you can. 

The show is named in honour of the adorable 9th Earl of Emsworth who, as you may know, exhibits his prize pig the Empress of Blandings each year at the Shrewsbury Show. "At Eton, they called him Fathead", to quote Wikipedia. Only you will know if you have the good spirit of competition epitomised by the Earl, or the downright sneakiness of Sir Gregory Parsloe Parsloe - his great rival in all things piggish. 

Entries can be made in the following categories. 

To enter, please send a small jpeg to anicegreenleaf AT hotmail DOT com, and I will post your entry to the right category. Please specify the category you are entering, just in case it isn't completely obvious. Then you can use the list of posts to the immediate right of this one, to find your exhibit within its category.

I haven't actually hired any judges yet so you might be doing it for the sheer showing off, but I'm sure I can manage to rustle up at least one prize for overall good sportiveness, as well as one for cynical stealing of pictures off Google Images. 

Bless you all, and happy baking. 




3 comments:

emmat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen/patientgardener said...

Hi - I have promoted your show on my blog and hope to have some entries for you soon

Lottie said...

Much as I love everything about this show my favorites have to be the piggys and the chooks, I sort of wish it was a real show and I could give the piggys a scritchy scratch behind their ears!