Wednesday 6 August 2008

HANDICRAFTS 1: KNITTEN WOOLLEN HAT, BABY MITTS, GARDEN BLOGGER OR SIMILAR










14 august 
Hurray! Check these babies out! Well not actual babies, but things that are knitted from wool! 




VP sends this: is there no end to that woman's energy? She says: "It's surprising what a very wet day in February will make you do. This is my own design and fits a small cafetiere."
Yes, but in my case a wet day in February will make me eat a half pound bar of Dairy Milk and then cry.



















She also sends this: "Very cold days in February also call for desperate measures. I could have got a body double in, but I decided to do my own hand modelling. Note the clean fingernails in spite of hours of gardening - soap under them usually does the trick."

Hmm, yes. So probably would actually washing the hands. I think basically I am just dirty. I don't even notice there's soil under my fingernails till I'm in a shop and someone's staring at my hands slightly fascinated. One thing is true, I will never be French.

I especially like the touch of bling in this photo (check out that left hand ring finger, girl!).


















26 August
Ms J of Cambridge writes: "Firstly a photo for the knitted handicrafts category which I have cynically stolen off Google images (do I get a prize?) - my excuses are that the last time I tried to knit something it took me seven years & I thought you probably couldn't wait that long, and also - ooh look, it's got my name on it! I found it on this blog which deserves to be credited if only because I love the idea of punk rock knitters."


3 comments:

VP said...

I feel a certain woolly friend may be at an advantage here and be able to produce an item that spans both the Garden Blogger and celebrity portrait categories in one fell swoop ;)

VP said...

When sorting out the wool I used for my fingerless mitts in February, I found an unfinished purple mohair sweater lurking in the cupboard. Which means it's at least 20 years old as that was the last time I'd wielded my needles!

Unknow said...

Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! sweater suppliers