Wednesday 6 August 2008

NIGELLAS WITH ATTITUDE 1: 6 SCONES




















Following Scone Protocols developed 2008 by Pete Free, these should be entirely free of mixed peel. Scones containing any such minging substances will be immediately disqualified. 




21 August
Hurray! We have scones!

This message came with these six beauties:
"Dear Anice, I made these scones this morning for your Emsworth Village Show, together with the doily which is not as good as my Mother would have done ( the doily, not the scones). On second thoughts her scones would have been better too. I assiduously picked out all the peel as recommended, but I’m not sure. Good luck with the water target. Yours ever Lindfieldman."




















Very last minute from Helen (aka patientgardener) who says: "Hi - here is my entry for the scone category. Sorry its a bit last minute - been away and also forgot. Anyway, much to my boys' delight I have rustled up these scones. I tried various recipes earlier in the year as my friend was opening her garden for our club and wanted to serve cream teas! Being abit of a perfectionist I was determined to make light and fluffy scones. I tried Delia and Gary but no joy and then I tried Nigella - fantastic. These scones look heavy but they are really light thanks to the cream of tartare and they are very moorish!"

No comments: