Wednesday 6 August 2008

FLORAL ACHIEVEMENT 2: SWEET PEAS




















Shall we say nine spikes? or seven?



13 august
this is my entry. Sadly my sweet peas have just got to that stage where their stems go all short and the leaves get mildewy and pathetic, so I had to dig this out from July (they have been great up till now though; armfuls of them). 

I couldn't find a picture of just sweet peas, but maybe this tempting foreground salad will persuade you to like my sw.peas the best? 

Also some slug rings in the photo, just to remind us all that gardening is hard work. 




















18 August
I'm sorry, but will you just look at these beauties from patientgardener. Almost enough to make you believe in summer....























19 august
Glorious sweet peas from the cake-faced Fat Rascal. 

"These are this year's sweet peas. Like yours, the stems are too short to cut now so the vase was from earlier in the summer. They are all from Matthewman's seed, the bright pink one on the plant is "Milly" and the lilac one is "Ethel Grace"!"












































No comments: