Wednesday 6 August 2008

FLORAL ACHIEVEMENT 4: ARRANGEMENT IN THE STYLE OF JAMES ALEXANDER-SINCLAIR






James A-S is of course admired the world over for his unique flower arranging skills. 

Whilst I am not suggesting we could do anything like as good, at least have a go, eh?



7th Aug
James has kindly sent in a reference Jpeg of one of his creations, with the following annotation: "This is my original effort so badly trounced by J.Swift. ('A fix, a fix' I hear the multitude cry and I cannot help but agree with them.)"















I cannot see why this extraordinary talent of his has gone unrecognised, frankly. 


8th august, 12 midday 
Why didn't anyone tell me flower arranging was so hard? I have new respect for people who just manage to get the flowers in one place without making all the petals fall off. 

Here is my debut effort: I think I should have listened to what Raven was banging on about with the three heights and the three foliages or whatever it was. It has bits of wisteria for ikebana spread, dahlias, hebe and canna lily. Is that any good? Hmm. Anyway, I was trying to capture the irrepressible force of James and his colourful enthusiasm in my floral art.
















12 aug
Veg Plotting has gone a bit dark with this one. "You'll see I'm quite good at recycling ideas as well as rubbish! Of course it's a statement about the condition of our world today - an ever increasing descent into decay..."
although I think she might be joking.






















22 August
From Yolanda Elizabet, "trug with some flowers bunged in, send in by Yolanda Elizabet and it's called: Even JAS Can Do It". 

Tee hee! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Malvern flower arranging contest was as much of a fix as Joe's giant fennel winning his own allotment show. It's shocking what little respect the BBC has these days for basic standards of fairness and decency. Next we'll be told that Alys bought in all her melon seedlings as plug plants. It's a bad day we've come to.

VP said...

I see you've not used any candles. Perhaps that's where you're going wrong?

emmat said...

HA ha ! THAT IS where i've been going wrong. Maybe candles should be written into the description?

VP said...

I might be ;) I like how the petals fell into the shape of a Dahlia too!